Privacy & Cookies
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Babycup of Fairwinds, Northcote Road, West Horsley, Surrey, KT24 6LS.
Babycup is committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected and protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.babycup.co.uk . This includes information provided at the time of purchasing goods (your name, address, email, contact number), posting material on our site or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site or our services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes to improve our services, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Details of transactions you carry out through our third party payment provider. However, we do not have access to your payment card details.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- Photographs and video footage uploaded by you to our website or sent to us by email.
- Comments and postings on the guestbook page of our site.
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers if relevant. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer.
- Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
- Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
- This website sets performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- This website sets targeting cookies. These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for all of the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Where we store your personal data
- All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
- Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
- If we develop a password-protected area of our site we may provide you with a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately however, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
- Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts (i.e. purchases) entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in features of our service, when you choose to do so (i.e. the guestbook or babies section of the site).
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- If you are an existing purchaser, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to our existing goods.
- If you are a new purchaser, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any individuals within our organisation.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Those third parties involved with us in providing the services to you, including but not limited to: payment provider, businesses that provide discounts to our website visitors or customers.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Babycup or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Babycup, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to websites of other parties. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other parties' websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Controlling your personal information
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
- You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Babycup, Fairwinds, Northcote Road, West Horsley, Surrey, KT24 6LS, UK.
- Please let us know if any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete. Please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
This website and its content is copyright of Babycup. © Babycup 2015. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Babycup and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Babycup takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
| Babycup Infant Weaning Cups |
Open drinking cups for babies and toddlers
The Babycup range of baby and toddler open drinking cups
is BPA free and phthalates free
Suitable for weaning from 6 months
Also suitable for cup feeding newborn or premature babies -
please see our FAQs page for further details
Babycup - Little cups for little people